The Los Angeles transit system leaves much to be desired:
- Buses never come anywhere near on-time
- The schedule, even assuming buses can run on-time, has considerably long intervals of time between buses
- Stops don’t even indicate all the buses that run on them
- Their metro card system being incomplete means even if you buy a pass (ex. 1-day pass), if you end up on a bus that does not have the card reader you have to pay for another fare regardless
- They have a confusing system of paying more for certain cases like going on the freeway
In light of all this, the metro system is at least somewhat adequate. It’s still worse that most others in developed countries, but is far better than their bus system. The trains run mostly on-time (but generally still run a few minutes late). Many stations have a different unique design, which keeps things interesting.